We have a number of events, activities and workshops taking place over the summer holidays. This summer we are taking the Museum On The Move as we decamp to the Shires for a crafty day, spend a couple of days in the Sensory Garden on our Archaeological Dig, visit Salisbury’s Rifles Museum for some WW2 activities and put on a Summer School of craft demonstrations, local history and more at Trowbridge Town Hall.
Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th July, 11am – 3pm: Archaeological Dig in the Sensory Garden
If you’ve ever wondered what lies underneath the Sensory Garden, now is the chance to find out because we are going to dig several large holes to find out. Come along to our archaeological dig and see what treasures we unearth! Suitable for all the family.
Tuesday 30th July: Shires Craft
Pop along to the Shires for more fantastic, free crafts. Drop-in 10.30 – 12.30 and 1.30 – 3.30. Ages 4+.
WW2 at the Rifles Museum, Salisbury
Come and join us for three days of WW2-themed activities in the beautiful gardens of the Rifles Museum. There’ll be challenges, crafts and dressing up, with something different each day. You can drop in between 11am and 3pm.
- Wed 7th August: Rifles
- Wed 14th August: Rifles
- Wed 21st August: Rifles
Fri 9th August, 2pm: Strange Stroll (Family History Guided Walk)
Discover the weird world of the woollen trade; £2 per person, Ages 7+, children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult. Walks starts outside Mastershoe.
Town Hall Summer School
We are working with Town Hall Arts to bring you a summer of art, craft, history, fun and (war) games. Together with our volunteers we’ll be demonstrating a diverse range of art and crafts, putting on some challenging Mouse Hunts, sharing the secrets of Napoleonic war gaming and revealing some snippets of the town’s history. These drop-in activities are free but a donation would be really appreciated – give a little or a lot – it’s up to you!
- Mon 29th July, 11am – 3pm: Stick weaving
- Wed 31st July, 11am – 3pm: Printmaking
- Thu 1st Aug, 11am – 3pm: Felting
- Fri 2nd August, 11am – 3pm: Printmaking
- Mon 5th Aug, 11am – 3pm: Mouse Hunt
- Tue 6th Aug, 11am – 3pm: Willow Weaving
- Fri 9th August, 11am – 3pm: War Gaming Demonstration
- Mon 12th August, 11am – 3pm: Crochet
- Wed 14th August, 10am – 12pm: Weaving
- Mon 19th August, 11am – 3pm: Mouse Hunt
- Tue 20th Aug, 11am – 3pm: Willow Weaving
- Wed 21st August, 11am – 3pm: Trowbridge Postcards & Photos
- Wed 28th August, 11am – 3pm: Trowbridge Postcards & Photos
- Thu 29th Aug, 11am – 3pm: Willow Weaving
- Fri 30th August, 11am – 3pm: Felting